Apply to Avenues Studio Hamptons
Save the World Challenge
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.
— Steve Jobs
Traditional admissions processes are good at predicting who will do well in traditional schools, but poor at predicting who will go on to change the world after class has ended. These “misfits,” “rebels,” and “troublemakers” are exactly the students we’re looking for.
At Avenues, our goal is to graduate worldwise leaders uniquely equipped to understand and solve global-scale problems. As such, Avenues Studio Hamptons is seeking students who not only care deeply about the future of the world, but who also possess the unique combination of intellectual curiosity, emotional maturity, and strength of character required to take on its greatest challenges. Problems like the ones below are representative of these kinds of challenges, and seeing how you solve them a better predictor of fit and success at Avenues than traditional measures. So take your time. Get it right. Have fun. Good luck!
Ready to Apply?
If you think you have what it takes to join us at Avenues Studio Hamptons, complete the steps below. Students entering grades 4–10 anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
Solve the Challenge
- Based on the grade level you are applying to, watch the corresponding video below to understand the challenge you are being asked to solve.
- Create a video of yourself presenting your solution. You should speak extemporaneously throughout your presentation — which is to say that it’s fine to use notes, but do not read from a script. Be creative with your approach, presentation, and video editing.
- Click the apply button, complete the form, upload your video, and pay the $100 application fee. You will receive an auto-notification by email to confirm that we received your submission and payment.
- We review applications within three weeks of submission.
- If your video passes the first round of evaluation, you will be contacted to schedule a feedback interview.
- In the feedback interview, Avenues Online teachers will ask you questions about your video and provide feedback on your submission.
- In some circumstances, teachers may ask you to iterate and revise your video based on the feedback provided.
Get Your Results
- You will be notified of your admission status within a week of the interview.
Avenues Studio Hamptons is accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year.
Annual tuition for Avenues Studio Hamptons is USD $48,000, which includes the cost of books, materials, technology (Apple MacBook Air, iPad, and Pencil), software, and service subscriptions.
Indexed tuition options are available.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
The first day of school is August 24, 2020.
Apply to Avenues Studio Hamptons